Are your kidneys healthy?
Did you know that over 500 million people world-wide have some form of kidney damage?
Did you know that high blood pressure and diabetes (Type 1 and 2) are leading causes of chronic kidney disease in developing countries like Canada?
Did you know that over 1.5 million people worldwide are currently kept alive through either haemo or peritoneal dialysis, or transplantation and that this number is predicted to double within the next 10 years?
Do you have one or more of these risk factors for chronic kidney disease?
- high blood pressure or diabetes
- family history of kidney disease
- history of heart attack, stroke, or other blood vessel disease
- over 50 years of age
- First Nations or Asian ancestry
- family history of high blood pressure or diabetes
The Amazing Kidnerellis!