Saturday, September 29, 2007

Brotherly love

Chris' brother Ryan gave me a lovely gift this weekend. It’s a copy of a forthcoming book from Random House entitled Hockey's Young Guns which Ryan co-authored for The Hockey News where he is a writer. Chris was pretty proud of his “kid” brother and kept abreast of his latest articles and interviews but this would really have made him burst his buttons!

When Ryan presented me with this gift I had no idea that he had included a special tribute to Chris who passed away before knowing that the book was forthcoming. The dedication page contains just two simple but poignant words: for Chris

I know that Ryan will carry his big brother’s spirit and love with him throughout his life’s journey. And I know that his big brother will always walk beside him.
.

No comments: